Commentators: Jim Ross & Paul E. Dangerously
We’re back to repurposed footage this week as Power Hour regurgitates an episode of Pro that aired two weeks ago to fill its time. Gordon Solie also hosts an episode of Wrestling News Network that attributes everything that happened on last weekend’s Pro to the phantom 3.10.91 Main Event that didn’t exist but apparently does exist. My eyes are crossing.
- WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair
- WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPION: “The Total Package” Lex Luger
- WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson
- WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
- WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
- WCW WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Ricky Morton, “Wildfire” Tommy Rich, & The Junkyard Dog
- Dan Spivey vs. David Isley (Pro – 3.2.91)
- CLIP: Big Josh’s Debut (Pro – 2.23.91)
- Big Josh vs. Rip Rogers (Pro – 3.2.91)
- Brian Pillman vs. Buddy Landell (Pro – 3.2.91)
- Tom Zenk vs. Terrance Taylor (Pro – 3.2.91)
- SEGMENT: Wrestling News Network w/ Gordon Solie
- Sting & El Gigante vs. Ric Flair & Barry Windham (Pro – 3.2.91)
- Tim Horner vs. Ron Cumberledge (Pro – 3.2.91)
-Dan Spivey defeated David Isley via pinfall with the Side Slam (1:35)
-CLIP: Big Josh makes his WCW debut, saving Tommy Rich from an attack by The State Patrol on the 2.23.91 edition of Pro.
–Big Josh defeated Rip Rogers via pinfall with a seated splash (3:21)
–Brian Pillman defeated “Nature Boy” Buddy Landell via pinfall with a crucifix (4:04) – *3/4
- Pillman’s arm was originally taped up because of an attack by The Horsemen on an episode of World Championship Wrestling but now Ross and Dangerously blame it on WrestleWar ’91 even though it’s not NEARLY as taped up as it’s been on other episodes.
–“The Z-Man” Tom Zenk defeated “The Computerized Man of the 1990s” Terrance Taylor [w/ Alexanda York] via pinfall with a roll-up after Bobby Eaton interfered (TIME NOT RECORDED) – NR due to Zenk/Taylor fatigue
- Taylor is known as “Terrance Taylor” now but this is old footage so Dangerously “admonishes” the ring announcer for not saying it right.
–Gordon Solie’s Wrestling News Network focuses on the mini-feud between Sting and Larry Zbyszko. Footage attributed to the 3.10.91 edition of Main Event I was continually told didn’t exist all last weekend. It was the same match they showed on the 3.9.91 edition of Pro anyway. Solie then highlights Bobby Eaton turning babyface by turning on Terry Taylor and Buddy Landell during their six-man tag team match. Also aired originally on the 3.9.91 Pro, also attributed here to the phantom 3.10.91 Main Event.
–Sting & El Gigante defeated “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair & Barry Windham via DQ when Sid Vicious and Arn Anderon interfered (4:31) – **
–“White Lightning” Tim Horner fought Ron Cumberledge to a no contest when El Gigante wandered out wanting Ric Flair (2:40 or so)
FINAL THOUGHTS: What would I even say here?