COMMENTATOR: Jim Ross
Newly-crowned TV Champion Bobby Eaton is in action this week on Main Event, taking on longtime rival Terrence Taylor. The Danger Zone returns as well as Paul E. Dangerously tries to get PN News to talk instead of rap. It does not go well.
- WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair
- WCW UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Total Package” Lex Luger
- WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton
- WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
- WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael “P.S.” Hayes & Jimmy “Jam” Garvin)
- WCW WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Ricky Morton, “Wildfire” Tommy Rich, & The Junkyard Dog
- Dan Spivey & The Angel of Death vs. Rick Hardrock & Kevin Diamond
- OMNI HYPE: Flair vs. Pillman
- THE DANGER ZONE w/ Paul E. Dangerously & PN News
- Big Josh vs. Ned Brady
- One Man Gang vs. Kip Abee
- PN News vs. Chuck Coats
- Nikita Koloff vs. Randy Starr
- Bobby Eaton vs. Terrence Taylor (**)
-Ross and Missy Hyatt welcome the home audience. Bobby Eaton is taking on Terrence Taylor tonight, FINALLY A NEW MATCH. Paul E. Dangerously interrupts to hype his arm wrestling rematch against Hyatt happening at the Omni house show tonight.
“Dangerous” Dan Spivey & The Angel of Death [w/ Teddy Long] defeated Rick Hardrock & Kevin Diamond when Spivey pinned Diamond with the Power Bomb (2:16)
- Spivey and Death are challenging The Steiner Brothers at the Omni tonight, hurry up and get your tickets.
- REAL generic tag team we got here.
-FEUD RECAP: Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman. They are meeting at the Omni later tonight for the World Title in a 2 out of 3 Falls match. Pillman used to be a protégé of Flair until things went sour. Words from Pillman, words from Flair. Better build than what they’re doing for their actual televised events. Boo.
-THE DANGER ZONE: Paul E. Dangerously welcomes his guest, “The Rapmaster” PN News, to the ring. Dangerously brags that no one was able to get the first interview with News despite Dusty Rhodes doing just that yesterday. Thankfully Ross mentions that so somebody in the company is paying attention. Dangerously wants to talk, News wants to RAP. Dangerously says they are not going to pump up any jams. News tells Dangerously he could take a major chill pill. Music hits and News goes into a rap, forcing Dangerously to clap along and put his hands in the air like he doesn’t care. This rules. PN News is great, f*ck y’all.
Big Josh defeated “Nasty” Ned Brady via pinfall with a seated splash (2:26)
- Ross tries to make a Brady Bunch joke but gives up halfway through. That was for the best.
- Brady attacks at the bell, Josh beats the sh*t out of him for not playing fair and gets the win. When will these guys ever learn?
One Man Gang [w/ Kevin Sullivan & Teddy Long] defeated Kip Abee via pinfall with the 747 (2:48)
- Gang and Sullivan will be on next week’s edition of the Bull Drop Inn. I expect the most intellectual of discussions.
- Gang shoves Bill Alfonso halfway across the ring but doesn’t DQ him out of fear (probably).
-Hyatt raps unsuccessfully. It’s funnier than it sounds.
“The Rapmaster” PN News defeated Chuck Coats via pinfall with the Broken Record (1:09)
“The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff defeated Randy Starr via pinfall with the Russian Sickle (3:01)
- Ross is joined by Impel Marketing suit Jim Glover to hype the new WCW trading card set. Ross says the collection will be worth a lot of someday; I’m pretty sure you can get a box of these for like five bucks on eBay.
“Beautiful” Bobby Eaton vs. “The Computerized Man of the 1990s” Terrence Taylor [w/ Alexandra York & Mr. Hughes]
This was taped before SuperBrawl so he’s not announced as the Television Champion; Ross and the graphic make sure to let us know though. Hughes distracts Eaton, Taylor attacks from behind and connects with both a jawbreaker and a gutwrench sit-out power bomb. Got his big hits right out of the way. Eaton ducks a clothesline and connects with a scoop slam followed by a clothesline that sends Taylor scurrying to the COM-PEW-TOR. Eaton catches a kick and connects with a series of right hands, Taylor tries to leave but is pulled back in and has his eyes raked across the top rope. Eaton with a back elbow, lateral press for a two-count. Eaton slows things down with a hammerlock as Ross hypes all the new stars coming to WCW. Taylor sends Eaton to the floor and sends him skull-first into the ring post. Ross says Eaton is so humble he didn’t even wear the TV Title to the ring. WHAT A SAVE. I appreciate that. Eaton counters a suplex into one of his own and tosses Taylor to the floor. Eaton sends him into the post and guardrail, York feverishly works on her COM-PEW-TOR to come up with a new strategy. Eaton counters a backdrop with a neckbreaker and goes for the cover but in comes Arn Anderson to interfere.
Bobby Eaton defeated Terrence Taylor via DQ (5:08)
- I’m about of things to say about these guys’ matches at this point, to be honest. (**)
Dustin Rhodes makes the save, repaying Eaton for his help on Worldwide. Hughes enters the ring and wants to fight, but York stops him as it’s not the right time.
-Ross and Hyatt make the final sell for tonight’s Omni event which happens in half an hour. Next week’s Main Event will feature Brian Pillman & Bobby Eaton taking on Ric Flair & Arn Anderson.