COMMENTATORS: Jim Ross & Paul E. Dangerously
Power Hour nabs footage from two episode of Pro plus we get some match announcements for Great American Bash and an injury update on Scott Steiner. Also apparently there’s a new TV Champion?
- WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair
- WCW UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Total Package” Lex Luger
- WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: “Stunning” Steve Austin
- WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
- WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael “P.S.” Hayes & Jimmy “Jam” Garvin)
- WCW WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael “P.S.” Hayes, Jimmy “Jam” Garvin, & Badstreet)
- Bobby Eaton vs. Rip Rogers (Pro – 6.8.91)
- THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH CONTROL CENTER w/ Paul E. Dangerously
- PN News vs. Mark Kyle (Pro – 6.15.91)
- FEUD RECAP: Brian Pillman vs. Barry Windham
- The Steiner Brothers vs. Mike Thor & Hacksaw Higgins (Pro – 6.15.91)
- WRESTLING NEWS NETWORK w/ Gordon Solie
- One Man Gang vs. Ian Weston (Pro – 6.15.91)
- Dustin Rhodes vs. Doug Gilbert (Pro – 6.15.91)
- Sting vs. Tim Frye (Pro – 6.15.91)
“Beautiful” Bobby Eaton defeated Rip Rogers via pinfall with the Alabama Jam (3:10)
- Ross and Dangerously talk about Eaton losing the TV Title to “Stunning” Steve Austin, which we will hear/see more of tonight on World Championship Wrestling. They did wrestle last Sunday at the Omni so I’m guessing it happened there, which makes no sense since it’s a *TELEVISION* Title and not a *HOUSE SHOW* Title but whatever.
- POST-MATCH: Eaton lays in some right hands after picking up the victory, which in this context is to sell the rage he’s feeling losing the TV Title.
THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH CONTROL CENTER
Paul E. Dangerously quickly runs through the three matches already announced for the PPV, then announces a new match: El Gigante will take on One Man Gang. Clip of Gigante and Gang brawling at SuperBrawl the former putting the latter on the stretcher that was originally meant for (and not used by) Sid Vicious. Kevin Sullivan throws powder in Gigante’s eyes, attack with the gurney and a chain.
Dangerously goes on to announce three more matches: Oz vs. ???, Big Josh vs. Black Blood in a Lumberjack Match, and Richard Morton vs. Robert Gibson. Clip from Knocksville USA of Morton’s attack on Gibson. THE ROCK ‘N’ ROLL EXPRESS EXPLODE.
“The Rapmaster” PN News defeated Mark Kyle via pinfall with the Broken Record (1:22)
- Dangerously makes fun of News via rap during the replay of the finish. To be honest he was more on tempo than News usually is.
-Ross and Dangerously talk about News’ issues with Johnny B. Badd.
-FEUD RECAP: Brian Pillman vs. Barry Windham. Pillman has “left” WCW following Knocksville USA but a mysterious masked man called The Yellow Dog has taken his place. Totally not Pillman though, not at all. No sir. We’re getting our first look at the Dog this weekend.
-Ross and Dangerously discuss The Steiner Brothers and their problem with The Hardliners.
The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner) defeated Mike Thor & Hacksaw Higgins when Scott Steiner pinned Thor with the Frankensteiner (2:37)
- Ross says this match was taped before Scott Steiner’s injury; he says Scott has been operated on and is rehabbing his left bicep. He’ll be out of action for four months, putting the WCW World Tag Team Championship in flux. It also casts a cloud over an announced Great American Bash match as The Steiners are slated to team with Missy Hyatt against Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, & Paul E. Dangerously. Unsurprisingly Dangerously is not too upset about it.
WRESTLING NEWS NETWORK
Gordon Solie hypes the mixed tag team match scheduled for Great American Bash (Steiners & Missy Hyatt vs. Anderson, Windham, & Paul E. Dangerously). Clip of Hyatt beating Dangerously in an arm wrestling match at Dixie Dynamite back in January. Clip of Hyatt attacking Dangerously on the 5.4.91 episode of WCW for writing a fake note asking her to call home for an emergency. Clip of Dangerously hitting Hyatt’s boyfriend Jason Hervey at Knocksville USA.
One Man Gang [w/ Kevin Sullivan] defeated Ian Weston via pinfall with the 747 (1:34)
- Weston isn’t sporting his porn ‘stache here since it was taped forever ago. Aw.
- POST-MATCH: OMG hits another 747 for emphasis before being dragged away by Sullivan.
“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes defeated Doug Gilbert via pinfall with the Bulldog (2:17)
- Ross hypes tomorrow’s Main Event, featuring the first TV Title defense of Steve Austin against The Z-Man as well as footage of The Freebirds winning the Six Man Tag Team Championship. Dangerously will also interview Ric Flair in the Danger Zone.
-Dangerously brags that Nikita Koloff has never quit, making him impervious to Sting’s Scorpion Death Lock. Luckily for everyone their match next month at The Great American Bash is a Russian Chain Match where pinfall/submissions aren’t a thing.
Sting defeated Tim Frye via submission with the Scorpion Death Lock (1:13)
- POST-MATCH: Sting gets on the house mic and calls Nikita Koloff out to face him in the ring. Koloff walks out and taunts Sting, El Gigante and PN News come from behind and throw him into the ring. Sting attacks, Koloff bails, Gigante throws him back in. Dustin Rhodes and Tommy Rich also show up, making it a sorta Lumberjack match! Out come Barry Windham, Ric Flair, and One Man Gang to even things up for the bad guys. BIG OL’ BRAWL WITH EVERYONE breaks out. Flair chops Gigante, Gigante no sells it and Flair bails, as does Koloff. Rhodes and Rich hold Sting back from going after him.
-Ross and Dangerously make a hard sell for Great American Bash, Dangerously stops him from talking about what may happen to him courtesy of The Steiners.