COMMENTATOR: Tony Schiavone
Despite announcements to the contrary on the other TV shows this weekend, there is a Main Event this week but it’s just the 6.1.91 Power Hour redressed.
- WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair
- WCW UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Total Package” Lex Luger
- WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton
- WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
- WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael “P.S.” Hayes & Jimmy “Jam” Garvin)
- WCW WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Ricky Morton, “Wildfire” Tommy Rich, & The Junkyard Dog
- PN News vs. Mike Thor (Power Hour – 06.01.1991)
- CLIP: Bobby Eaton vs. Terrence Taylor (Main Event – 05.26.1991)
- Sting vs. Lou Fabiano (Power Hour – 06.01.1991)
- Dustin Rhodes & Bobby Eaton vs, Terrence Taylor & Arn Anderson (Power Hour – 06.01.1991) (**)
- Lex Luger vs. Randy Barber (Power Hour – 06.01.1991)
- THE DANGER ZONE w/ Paul E. Dangerously & Ricky Morton (Power Hour – 06.01.1991)
- Ron Simmons & El Gigante vs. Doug Vines & Jeff Sword (Power Hour – 06.01.1991)
- The Angel of Death vs. Rick Ryder (Power Hour – 06.01.1991)
–Tony Schiavone welcomes the home audience, taking the place of usual host Jim Ross. Schiavone announces the main event: Dustin Rhodes & Bobby Eaton vs. Terrence Taylor & Arn Anderson.
“The Rapmaster” PN News defeated Mike Thor via pinfall with the Broken Record (1:42)
-LAST WEEK: Bobby Eaton defeats Terrence Taylor via DQ. Arn Anderson interferes, Dustin Rhodes makes the save, leading to this week’s big match on Main Event.
Sting defeated Lou Fabiano via submission with the Scorpion Death Lock (2:45)
“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes & “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton [w/ Ricky Morton] vs. “The Computerized Man of the 1990s” Terrence Taylor & “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson [w/ Alexandra York & Mr. Hughes]
Morton walked out on Rhodes not once but TWICE last week, but apparently Rhodes has been hanging out with Sting too much because he still trusts the guy. Hmm.
Rhodes trash talks and slaps Rhodes, following up with clubbing forearms. Rhodes reverses an Irish whip, Eaton hits him from behind and all four men brawl before the heels take a powder. Ross reiterates there will be no Main Event tomorrow night but I’ve got one in my library so I wonder what that’s going to end up being. Rhodes dodges Anderson in the corner and hits a series of count-a-long rights; Eaton delivers a right of his own and Anderson bails to his corner. Eaton tags in, Anderson with a hammerlock but it’s countered with an elbow to the bridge of the nose. Morton doesn’t seem particularly interested in being out there, I wonder whyyyy. Heels take another powder, Taylor checks the COM-PEW-TOR.
Anderson backs Eaton in the ropes and drives a shoulder into the midsection followed by some strikes. Eaton reverses the Irish whip and grabs a sleeper. Taylor runs in, Eaton puts the sleeper on him as well until the ref stops it since he isn’t the legal man. Anderson and Taylor regroup in the aisle, Rhodes and Eaton attack them and bring them back in the ring. Eaton grabs a side headlock on Taylor, Morton walks over to York and have a conversation then WALKS AWAY AGAIN. Y’all need to use your damn brains and stop letting Morton get involved. I wonder what Tommy Rich and Junkyard Dog know what’s up given that they’re Six Man Tag Team Champs…if that’s still a thing. Dangerously leaves to get comments from Morton as Rhodes gets the hot tag and cleans house. Rhodes counters a backdrop attempt with an inside cradle for the 1…2…3!
Dustin Rhodes & Bobby Eaton defeated Terrence Taylor & Arn Anderson via pinfall (7:19)
- Well that was abrupt. Match was okay, Morton walking off again wasn’t surprising. Rhodes and Eaton being SHOCKED about it is a little strange though. Read the room fellas, he’s not exactly hiding anything well. (**)
“The Total Package” Lex Luger defeated Randy Barber via submission with the Torture Rack (2:16)
-THE DANGER ZONE: Dangerously introduces his guest Ricky Morton to the ring. Dangerously asks about the conference he had with Alexandra York. In come Terrence Taylor, Alexandra York, and Mr. Hughes. York offers Morton a contract with The York Foundation. Morton takes the contract, Dustin Rhodes interrupts and asks what he’s doing. Morton says he’s going to look it over and make the right decision. I WONDER WHAT THE DECISION IS GOING TO BE.
Ron Simmons & El Gigante defeated Doug Vines & Jeff Sword when Gigante pinned Sword with the Claw (3:27)
The Angel of Death [w/ Teddy Long] defeated Rick Ryder via pinfall with a side slam (1:58 or so)
-Schiavone closes the show. WHO WAS THIS FOR? I thought Main Event was TBS-only.