COMMENTATORS: Jim Ross & Paul E. Dangerously
It’s the final TV show before tomorrow night’s SuperBrawl? Does WCW go for the hard sell? Eh not really but you get the idea there’s a PPV tomorrow. No actual showcases matches though, unfortunately.
- WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair
- WCW UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Total Package” Lex Luger
- WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson
- WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
- WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Vacant
- WCW WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Ricky Morton, “Wildfire” Tommy Rich, & Junkyard Dog
- SPLIT SCREEN PROMO: Brian Pillman & Barry Windham
- RANDOM RINGSIDE WORDS: El Gigante
- Big Josh vs. Ned Brady
- GREEN SCREEN PROMO: Lex Luger
- VIDEO: Oz debuts at SuperBrawl
- THE DANGER ZONE w/ Paul E. Dangerously & Arn Anderson
- The Young Pistols vs. Mike Thor & Joe Cruz
- Nikita Koloff vs. Rick Ryder
- SUPERBRAWL CONTROL CENTER w/ Gordon Solie
- P.N. News vs. Tony Mella
- GREEN SCREEN PROMO: Ric Flair
- The Fabulous Freebirds vs. Tim Parker & Tommy Angel
- RINGSIDE INTERVIEW: Missy Hyatt w/ The Fabulous Freebirds, Diamond Dallas Page, & Big Daddy Dink
- Dustin Rhodes vs. Randy Barber
- RINGSIDE INTERVIEW: Jim Ross w/ The York Foundation & Dustin Rhodes
- Ron Simmons vs. Unnamed Opponent
-SPLIT SCREEN PROMO: Barry Windham tells Brian Pillman that SuperBrawl could very well be the last match of his career when he is done with him.
-Ross, Dangerously, and Missy Hyatt welcome the home audience from ringside. Ross tells Dangerously and Hyatt to behave, then in wanders El Gigante who says the stretcher is not for him it’s for YOU (he means Sid Vicious, you’re okay don’t worry). That was random. Dangerously will have Arn Anderson on the Danger Zone while Hyatt will interview The Fabulous Freebirds, Diamond Dallas Page, & Big Daddy Dink.
Big Josh defeated “Nasty” Ned Brady via pinfall with a seated splash (1:42)
- Do you think Brady got that nickname because he was already nasty, or did he get the nickname and become nasty due to the bullying?
-GREEN SCREEN PROMO: “The Total Package” Lex Luger hypes the tag team match with Sting against The Steiners at SuperBrawl.
-VIDEO: Oz will be revealed at SuperBrawl.
-THE DANGER ZONE: Dangerously is standing by at ringside with his guest, “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson. Dangerously says the TV Title signifies that Anderson is the best wrestler on television, as it did with others held it (Sting, Dusty Rhodes, Tully Blanchard). Anderson puts over Bobby Eaton as a great tag team wrestler who’s always had someone to lean on, out comes “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton to retort. Anderson cracks Eaton in the face with the TV Title, Eaton fights back and we got ourselves a PIER SIX BRAAAAAAWL.
The Young Pistols (Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong) defeated Mike Thor & Joe Cruz when Smothers pinned Thor with a missile dropkick (5:10)
- Joe Cruz is almost the spitting image of Magnum T.A. I wonder if that was on purpose.
- Entertaining squash here, mostly due to Mike Thor looking and acting like an angry baby through the whole thing. I appreciated that.
“The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff defeated Rick Ryder via pinfall with the Russian Sickle (2:00)
- INSERT PROMO: Nikita Koloff hypes his match against Tommy Rich with a “Night Before Christmas” rhyme, and also warns Lex Luger he will be watching him. I WONDER IF HE SHOWS UP DURING TOMORROW’S TAG TEAM MATCH.
- POST-MATCH: Koloff gives Ryder a second Sickle, as a treat.
-SUPERBRAWL CONTROL CENTER: Gordon Solie here with the final FINAL edition of the Control Center. Card is rundown, words are said from Dustin Rhodes and The York Foundation, and we get one final chance to soak in that Steiners/Sting & Lex Luger music video.
“The Rapmaster” P.N. News defeated Tony Mella via pinfall with the Broken Record (1:14)
- News can’t rap but he can throw one HELLUVA dropkick. Also his top rope splash has been christened the “Broken Record”, the most hip hop of names.
-GREEN SCREEN PROMO: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair reminds everyone that he’s wrestling at SuperBrawl. Oh word?
–Diamond Dallas Page and his Doll of the Week introduce The Fabulous Freebirds and Big Daddy Dink. He sticks around for the match since they’ve got an interview right after.
The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael “P.S.” Hayes & Jimmy “Jam” Garvin) [w/ Diamond Dallas Page & Big Daddy Dink] defeated Tim “Powerhouse” Parker & Tommy Angel following a double DDT (Time Not Recorded)
- Double left hooks and a double DDT give the Freebirds a win. Second time I’ve seen this done this weekend but I still dig it. I like a thing about The Freebirds again!
-RINGSIDE INTERVIEW: After a commercial Hyatt is standing by with The Freebirds, DDP, and Big Daddy Dink. Dink is blowing cigar smoke in her face because she’s a WOMAN. DDP and Dink like The Freebirds’ chances tomorrow night at SuperBrawl and Dink will do ANYTHING to make sure it happens. DDP says his Diamond Doll is hotter than Hyatt, Hyatt retorts by showing her cleavage and saying THAT’s hot. Well I’m not disagreeing, I guess.
“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes defeated Randy Barber via pinfall with the Bulldog (3:28)
- Ric Flair joins Ross on commentary for this one so he can talk up SuperBrawl and his match with Tatsumi Fujinami, also to throw some shine on Dustin as well.
- POST-MATCH: Hughes leads Ross to ringside so he can talk with Alexandra York and Terrence Taylor. York tells Rhodes he has an attitude problem but they can work with that and still wants to offer him the most lucrative contract in sports history to join the Foundation (I hope Taylor has a favored nations clause in the one he signed). York wants to meet tomorrow to make it “personal” and he agrees. IS SHE GONNA DO A SEX THING?
Ron Simmons defeated Unnamed Opponent via pinfall with the Spinebuster (1:59)
- Simmons attacks his opponent before his introduction is finished. He means BIDNESS. I should know who this guy he’s facing is by now but I don’t.
- POST-MATCH: Teddy Long and The Angel of Death attack Simmons. Simmons fights back relatively easily and clears the ring.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Breezy watch that didn’t really sell me on SuperBrawl more than I already was. The Anderson/Eaton brawl was cool though, and P.N. News still makes me laugh so that’s something.